Before a complete renovation of the the Inspire Space house in the Azabu Juban neighbourhood we are going to open it to art lovers and have invited artists to take over the house for one whole weekend.
From the bathroom to the living room, the artists—Japanese, French, Dutch and American—will provide workshops in this house using paints, stencils, clay, crafts and multimedia using the house itself as a canvas!
Children and parents are welcome to be as creative as the artists during the weekend. Come let your creativity flow and turn the whole house into a dream house!
For pre-registration in this fun and inspiring event, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Opening reception is Saturday Dec 8, 6-8pm. Bring your own drinks.
Artists: Saeko Ehara (video), Sophie Fort (art animator), Audrey Fondecave (illustrator), Fumio Kadoya (ceramicist), Martijn Kluit (painter), Laurence Meyer (painter), Florian Ruiz (photographer), Yosuke Tsuchiya (painter and decorator), Setsuko Ichikawa (arts and crafts teacher), Philippe Stouvenot (architect and designer), Ai Akiyama (artist), Yurika Choraku (crystal bowl musician).
In-house Artists Workshop Programs
- “Hide-and-seek” by Ai Akiyama, artist. A treasure hunt of drawings all over the house.
- “The Room of Sounds” by Yurika Choraku. Short sessions for all to experiment with the magical effects of crystal bowls and other instruments.
- “The X-mas Clay Workshops” by Fumio Kadoya. Make clay ornaments with the help of a ceramicist (from 3 years old, with parents).
- “Let’s Cover the Walls with Stencil Works” by Sophie Fort, French-American artist and children’s art animator with Audrey Fondecave, French illustrator. Using hand-made stencils and acrylic paints, the participants can walk around the house and leave a mark of their inspiration!
- “Paint with Me!” by Martijn Kluit, painter. The Dutch artist will display his vivid sense for colors by painting on the walls of a room, and inviting both children and adults to step inside his colorful world.
- “Let’s Make a Video Game!” by Saeko Ehara, video artist. A media performance with the audience participating.
- “The Fish Power Room!” by Laurence Meyer, French painter. Cover the walls of the bathroom with painted and cutout sea creatures!
- “From My Photograph to Your Art” by Florian Ruiz, French photographer. His photographs of the house and the Azabu Juban neighborhood will be displayed on the walls inviting the participants to add colors over the black and white prints.
- “The Paradise Room” by Setsuko Ichikawa. Paint on the walls and the floor.
Family (1 adult + 1-2 children): ¥1,500
Each additional child (under 12-years-old): ¥500
Clay workshop: ¥1500/90 minutes.
*Entrance fee covers all materials for workshops except the clay workshops.
When: December 8-9, 2012. 10am-5pm.
Access: Azabu Juban, 7 minutes walk, Tokyo Metro Namboku Line Exit 4, Toei Oedo Line Exit 7
Thank you for coming to “Take Over the House” Project
The House is going to be renovated to a NEW SPACE for everyone who is looking for
a exciting space or to do new things.